The City of Mountain View must identify sites and policies for 11,135 new homes, including 6,255 affordable, by January 31, 2023. We don’t have to build or permit these homes by then - we have to demonstrate a willingness to make them feasible here. These sites and policies will be outlined in a document called a Housing Element, which the City Council must review and the state must certify. Click here to see what’s at stake if we fail to create a Housing Element that can be certified by the state.
The Mountain View YIMBY Housing Element Working Group meets monthly during this process to identify sites and policies to enable those homes. This process is complicated, even for the most adept housing advocates. That’s why we’re committing to breaking down the content and making it more accessible.
Ways to Get Involved
The Housing Element update is a community-based process that includes a variety of public engagement opportunities.
- Shape the future by attending public comment events hosted by the city
- Sign up for Santa Clara County email updates
- Join Mountain View YIMBY Housing Element Working Group monthly meetings. Email us at email@example.com
Moutain View Housing Needs Allocation
- VERY LOW INCOME (<50% of Area Median Income): 2,773
- LOW INCOME (50-80% of Area Median Income): 1,597
- MODERATE INCOME (80-120% of Area Median Income): 1,885
- ABOVE MODERATE INCOME (>120% of Area Median Income): 4,880
Housing Element Update Schedule