To the Environmental Planning Commission:
Mountain View YIMBY, a local volunteer advocacy group, expresses enthusiastic support for the proposed project at 555 West Middlefield. We like this project because:
- It is a no-displacement project that adds 329 new homes in place of surface parking!
- 15% of on-site below market rate homes!
- Walking distance to downtown, Caltrain, and a grocery store, and right next to Stevens Creek trail this site provides a great location to lead a car-free lifestyle to the residents.
- New pedestrian and bike path connection from Cypress Point Drive to W Middlefield makes Stevens Creek trail more easily accessible to the neighbors living south of Cypress Point Drive. Further bike and pedestrian improvements along Moffett Boulevard to the north and west of this project would be most welcome!
- The 1.34 acres of land dedicated for a new park will be a welcome addition to the neighborhood, creating a space for socializing.
- The developer has listened to community feedback and made an effort to line up the residential frontage facing Cypress Point Drive with existing trees or parking lots to the south of Cypress Point Drive in order to minimize the impact to privacy of neighbors to the south of that street.
- The developer has made an effort to preserve as many heritage trees, transplanting some more and planting additional trees to make up for the ones they are requesting to remove.
We hope that you recommend a hasty approval of this project to the council!
Thank you for considering our input.
On behalf of the members of MV YIMBY